Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkin FHE




We had such a fun FHE. The kids had a ball carving pumpkins, and then we had cupcakes for dessert. It was a blast! Ben wanted a "happy face," Gracie wanted a cat, and Spence wanted a "mean" face. The kids were so cute carving. They weren't to sure about the "guts" of the pumpkin, in fact I think they were all pretty repulsed by the whole ordeal. Jake and I got smart this year, and sort of cheated. Thanks to templates and pumpkin carving tools, we had those pumpkins carved in no time! It was great! I don't know about your years past, but we would spend hours carving out the perfect face only to have it ruined by one wrong "stab." Templates make it for a quick easy carve, and the kids didn't loose attention! It was great, kids add so much joy to the Holidays.

1 comment:

Bree said...

Looks like lots of fun! We bought pumpkins but never ended up carving them! Too late now! haha. Can't wait to see pics of the kids dressed up! Oh, and I love the pics you took up at the gardens. SO cute!