Friday, September 19, 2008

We're Home Dorothy!!












Well we finally made it Home! Idaho has never looked more beautiful.  It has been about 75-80 degrees and beautiful.  We have been home for about 2 weeks now, we just got our internet connected so I have sort of been out of the blogging world. (I just hate that!) As you can see, we don't have grass yet, so everything is a BIG dirt ball!! However we have managed to find some fun things to do.  Jake and I got really courageous and  decided to conquer the kid's swing set.  We had it in Omaha and we have been dreading the day when we would have to put it together again. Thankfully we were able to scrounge up some directions and we organized the screws into their appropriate bag and we numbered the pieces. It was still a beastly 2 day project. We are not quite done yet tho, we still have the playhouse roof,  it weighs about 300lbs, so we are just waiting for someone to come visit, so we can con them into getting it up with us.  =)  We decided to go all out and lay tarps and rubber mulch. It has been a great thing to keep the kids busy!  We have spent every single day trying to get our house in order, ask Jake if he is ready to go back to work yet. Haha I LOVE September! There is so much we still have to do, luckily we have family coming into town this weekend so we have been working round the clock to get stuff ready.   Here are some fun outside pictures, I will post some of Ben and Nates room a little later. I have been working on it here and there, and I am pretty excited about the way it is turning out.

6 comments:

Mr and Mrs said...

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home..." It's not working for me!!!!! Arrrrhhh! :) I'm glad you guys made it back safe and it looks like you are having a blast! So jealous! One more week, just one more week! (I hope!)

Mandy Jarvis said...

Bout time lady! Missed seeing your new blogs!

Ken and Jen Perkes said...

It's great to see you guys chillin' at your beautiful home in Rexburg. Katie: It is fun to see that YOU finally got to drive the 4-wheeler! You all look great! Can't wait to be with you again!

Kami P. said...

Look at you guys! You need to make a trip out to Carey and do some real wheeling. Frank would be so jelous if he saw this post. You guys are having too much fun. Love you.
P.s. did you have any luck finding the Real Deals store?

KEYSHA said...

Oh hooray! I am so glad you are back to your gorgeous new home! (I bet you are loving every minute!) I can't wait to see more pictures. You guys shouldn't plant a yard..just let it be dirt and then Jake can turn it into a four-wheeling trail:)

Josh said...

Oh...dear Kate. I am so happy that you are happy to be back home. But secretly I've been hoping that upon arriving in Rexburg you would realize that you like Omaha so much better. There's no place like your last home! We miss you guys.