"I can't believe people do this for fun."
little Batman

Jake: "Gracie your never leaving the house when your sixteen, cause all the boys will be chasing you.
Gracie wore a little mascara on her eyes for the first time, and she couldn't have been happier. I found out you could land a plane on her eyelashes... we are in serious trouble.
"I HATE THIS!"
Despite Natey's grumpy moments, this was a great Halloween. I just love this holiday, and this year it was actually warm! Times have sure changed, I can remember all the great Halloweens I had as a kid, and I don't think I ever had a store bought costume. Now its a wonder to see a homemade costume anymore. Props to all you moms that do them. I don't think my kids even know what a ghost is... Ahh there is always next year...
We went Trunk or Treating at the church, and then Jake took the kids to neighborhoods around our house. The kids had a blast, and they loaded up on candy as usual. Nate is a candy fanatic, more so then any kid of mine has ever been. It didn't take long for him to realize that his costume gets him the goods, so he left it on the whole night. He was even saying Trick or Treat with enthusiasm. Gracie and Ben were seasoned pros. Every house that Jake drove by and didn't stop, they would say, "Dad you just passed a trick or treat house. "You passed another one again...DAD?" They couldn't believe we didn't stop at every house. Happy Halloween everyone! Hope that you all had a safe and fun holiday.
10 comments:
Your daughter is absolutly beautiful!! She looks just like you when we were younger :) Miss you and I can't wait to meet your family one of these days!!!
I smiled; I laughed; I loved SEEING and reading about the kids Halloween adventure. Thanks, Kate for capturing it so beautifully! The pumpkin pictures--and narrative--are hilarious! Ben is a totally awesome batman. And Gracie . . . oh, my! She just gets more and more beautiful--like her mother! And little Natey is the cutest little dinosaur [and has inherited his Dad's love for candy!].
Wish they could have come knocking on our door!
--Dad
By the way, the house looks great with lawn and landscaping!
What great costumes. It is amazing how Gracie looks like a young girl, not a little girl. You are in for trouble.
So funny--I loved all your comments with the pictures. The kids look GREAT in their costumes!!
So fun--I loved all your comments with the pictures. The kids look GREAT in their costumes!!
ahh...sorry it posted twice!!
Oh my goodness! I love their little costumes! What adorable kids you have! Can't wait for this next one :) Great pics too!
how fun, wish we could have gone trick or treating with you guys. natey and spencer sure could get by with being brothers. gracie i can't believe how big she has gotten. we are so looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. love you all!
karen
I wanted to see Jake's costume because I guarantee it contained khaki shorts and a polo shirt, probably one with an alarm company insignia on the chest.
Love,
D
Post a Comment