


We were privileged to have Jake's parents come visit us last weekend. We spent a few days here in town, and then went up to MCall and rented a cabin for three nights. It was so much fun and so beautiful, the time just went by way to fast. It was one of those vacations were we truly just relaxed. We read books by the fire, soaked in the hot tub under a milky way sky, and four-wheeled all the way up mountians. We were so sad to see them go, we can't wait for another reunion... hopefully soon! =)
Julia started solid foods, and like all the rest of my little chuba chubas, has had NO problems adjusting...
Gracie girl started soccer for the first time, she loves to run, so we thought soccer would be a good fit for her. However, She is about a foot taller than all the rest of the kids, and her coach keeps forgetting to bring her team shirt to the game...
(they ran out on the first game, so Gracie opted to wait, and now who knows when she will get it) So I think sometimes she feels a little sheepish, we definitly need to work on aggressiveness....=) she has scored a few goals and as of last game played her best game yet... so only time will tell if she wants to stick with soccer.
Ben and Julia and I went to Texas to visit my grandparents whom I haven't seen for 6 years! Ben was in a little boys paradise. He road big green tractors, swam in the pool everyday, helped on the ranch, and even got to help my aunt Carol collect eggs from her chicken coop! He is still talking about his trip there, it made such an impression on him, I can't wait to take him back.
Ben and my cousin Curtis. Curt plays semi-pro baseball, and is working towards a career to pitch for the Florida Marlins! Curtis was so sweet to Ben, and treated him like a royal. Ben thought that he was pretty stinkin cool.
This is only one of many green tractors Ben road. My uncle Rick took him out on his big ones too, and him and Ben would sing Jason Aldeans "Big green Tractor," song together.

My little Gracie girl turned 6!! I can't believe it! (
More pictures to come on that event... =)
Cute Gracie got her ears pierced. She wanted to do it so bad, so we decided to let her do it before she started school. She was super brave and didn't cry. To be honest though she had no idea what she was getting into. We didn't let her watch the little girl that went before her
(who walked out bawling with only a hole in one ear ...and her mom yelling at her, cause she didn't finish what she started). Gracie didn't know exactly that they put an actual hole through you, so when it came time to do it, and the gun was to her ear, she was to embarrassed to ask, so she just did it. And needless to say she LOVES her ears pierced!

We became avid boaters this summer! Jake joined a club called Redline, and we are able to pay a monthly due, and in a nut shell use there recreational toys. Our favorite past time became boating and jet skiing. I don't think a week went by that we didn't go. Our kids LOVED it, they had so much fun learning to wake surf, and of course tube! Us adults took up wake boarding for the first time and had so fun bettering ourselves every time we went out.(
Never mind Jake and Nate became semi-pro within one summer...haha we all still had a great time.) Wake surfing is also a blast, it is something to do that is low key and super chill after a hard day of wake boarding. Can't wait till next summer!!




Our Newest member of the family. Bella the Bunny! Gracie finally convinced her Dad that she needed a rabbit SO bad, and she would love her and care for her. She is the best pet I have to say, and Gracie does a wonderful job of caring for her. Gracie does all the work, and Jake helps her clean the cage. I didn't know this about rabbits, but they are a very clean animal. They can litteraly be trained just like a cat to poop in the same place every time. So they are really easy to house train, if you wanted it to run around your house. My kind of animal!
7 comments:
A very good month indeed! . . . and Mom and I were so happy to be able to spend part of it with you. We too LOVED every minute of this special vacation! We miss the kids; we miss Idaho; and we miss being with the ultimate adventure family!
Much love,
--Dad
How fun! I love that you guys got to use all sorts of toys all summer, that sounds like so much fun! And, I love that you were at the ranch for so long and Ben got to do so much things while there!!!
Love the update...and looking forward to lots more!
Oh, we miss you guys! It looks like everything is going great in your family and we are so glad! Julie is ADORABLE! I miss her and all your cute kids! Take care this Winter! I'm jealous the snow isn't as harsh up there! I SOOO want to live in Boise permanently!!
It seems like you guys have had a great summer. Gracie is so beautiful and her earings just add to it.
Good recap of the summer, we did jet skiing too...Corbyn LOVED it...Jilli was more interested in the mud by the river...what are ya gonna do!
Corbyn says "oh cute bunny don't let it poop on that Gracie Girl, tell her mommy ok?"
Sorry he's looking at pictures with me!
So happy to see an update! Love all the pictures! We miss you guys!! Are you sure you don't want to move back to Rexburg??? :D I'm with Samye--keep those updates coming!
Darling Kate-O, hasn't this been the best summer ever! A lot has happened, huh? And... I noticed you didn't put any pictures of YOU wakeboarding on there... or surfing. We all know you ROCK at all the behind the boat stuff, so there's no use trying to hide it. And I love that picture of me and Natey! He's such a cutie! Anyways, see you soon, Jake just dropped Nate off. Love ya!
Loves,
Luisa
Post a Comment