We had a great Halloween! The kids were so much fun, and so cute in their little costumes. We went back and forth about what to be right to the day of Halloween. I think they chose the right things. Everyone seemed to choose the right costume for their personality.



Ben was so funny this year. He didn't really care what he was, as long as it had a gun, a sword, a light-saber, anything boyish. Since I am sort of a caucious Mom and don't really let him play with that sort of stuff on a regular basis his eyes were opened to a whole new world when I said he could be anything he wanted to be. He saw all the weapons to choose from, and he could barely contain his excitement. He dragged a scythe complete with blood dripping scull, all through Target. He didn't know any different, to him it was the biggest sword he has ever seen! Hahaha... thats when I knew I was maybe being a little over protective. So we settled on a knight. Just the right size sword, and plus it came with a shield. He could't have been happier.
Gracie originally wanted to be a Ballerina. Jake and I were trying on all sorts of wigs in this costume store, and we were all laughing so hard about how silly we looked. Gracie said she wanted to wear a wig, but none of them really went with a Ballerina. So when we saw the red wig, we knew we had something. She wore it to bed that night. =)

We had to convince Nate to be Lightning Mcqueen. We already had the costume we bought last year but it was to big. He wanted to be baby Mario. Thank goodness they were "out" of those costumes... What kind of message would I be sending at trunk or treat if my 3 year old was Mario.... haha...(wonder what he does all day? ..hey...not ALL day...) =) Just kidding.... we would have let him be Mario, but it wasn't hard to convince him to be McQueen.

Jake and I went to a really fun costume party Friday night. Who would have ever guessed that I would get Jake in TIGHTS! Hahahaha! What a trooper! It was just like him to sport around the house in true Jake style.
8 comments:
Haha...LOVE the costumes. Especially Jake's and your's. I don't know how you convinced Jake to get into tights but that's pretty amazing. Fun fun!!
The kids look great. And I love your costumes. I just threw on Jaden's old Thomas Costume that is basically a "Sandwich Board". Holly moved to Springville the night of the party we were invited to so we missed it. Couples only parties are so fun.
What happened to that shy little boy I once knew?!
I LAUGHED when I scrolled down and saw Jake in tights. What a riot! You are amazing Katie. You have created a renaissance man!!!
--Dad
Oh, and Katie, you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! But that was neither surprising nor shocking.
--Dad
Love your costumes! I especially love the picture of Jake striking a pose - what a stud.
Oh Jake!!! Hahahaha!! Kate, was that payback for you never getting your pedicure?? hahaha!! What a good sport--you guys look awesome! The kids are cute as always and I love that Gracie slept in her wig!! Cute!! Miss you guys!
Cute costumes Gracie looks like she should've been a red head...if she's anything like my little miss that's actually a scary thought! And good'ol lightning mcQueen...Corbyn was mcqueen for a couple years didn't fit him this year!
Dude. I usually don't comment, but this is out of control. JAKE! You look ridiculous! I don't even know you anymore. Who are you and what have you done with my college roommate. I'm speechless...
-D
Post a Comment