

Happy Father's Day to the Greatest Father and Husband, we love you so much!!Okay it once again has been forever! I do have a semi good excuse tho this time. My lovely computer crashed! Yep, lost everything, and I mean everything.... the last 3 years of our lives gone... just like that... However my good friends at the Mac store were able to recover about 95% of my data, so I was so very excited that not all was lost. My two sense to everyone would be tho... INVEST IN AN EXTERNAL HARD-DRIVE! Then I would not have lost anything. It just happened with no warning of course, one day my computer just didn't turn on... So there ya have it..
Anyways.. Back to the good stuff, here is what we have been up too..
Jake and I ran our very first half marathon called the Great Potato...I trained for months and Jake trained for 2 weeks.. and because of him we came in with the time I never would have pulled without him! It was so much fun to run with him, he never thought he could ever do anything longer that a mile, and a now he is running another in July! So much fun....

MY BABY GIRL TURNED 1!! Julia turned one on May 15th. She is such a little sweetheart. She is a food junkie. The kid loves food more than any other kid I have ever seen. We had to give her cupcakes for her birthday, cause I knew that she would literally eat an entire cake if we let her. Most kids will pick and prod, but Jules just dove right on in and devoured. Happy birthday Baby!
Julia had a Fishy birthday. The icing turned out a little on the blue side.... not great for clothing or carpet, but they tasted good.... =)

Cute little Gracie, has found a new hobby... riding Horses...Gracie loves animals so much, and this wonderful opportunity presented itself and she lives her weeks now, by when the next horse lesson is. She loves riding so much, and her awesome teacher says that Gracie is fearless when it comes to lessons. The girl will try anything, and that makes her fun to teach. We are so excited to watch her grow and develop her confidence a little more, and see where this adventure takes her.


We had the awesome oppurtunity to spend a week and a half with Jakes family the first weeks of June. We had an immediate family reunion in McCall Idaho with just his parents and brothers. Then we were off to Vernal, UT for an extended reunion. It was so much fun, and a much needed vacation from all the craziness!
Part of our journey took us to Temple square. We took our kiddos for the first time and it was the most magical night. We only had about an hour and a half to show them stuff, but there was the most amazing feeling that night. There was a giant storm brewing in the sky, and here I had my little family gathered in the most sacred of all places safe and sound, and learning about what it means to feel the spirit. It was a night I will always remember.
Last, but not least Jake and I celebrated our 8th Anniversay!! Long story short, he convinced me we should go boating (it was the warmest day thus far in Boise, and the first real day we could have gone..) So naturally I agreed... It was the greatest day, perfect weather, perfect water... It got to be quite late, and there was a huge storm that was appearing in the sky so we hurried and got the boat to the dock. Well, the boat was coming in a little fast, combined with waves pushing it in even further, so Jake decided he would sacrifice himself and jump out and save the boat from hitting the dock... The dock was a little further away than planned and that combined with a little inertia.. and Jake smack right into the dock, taking most of the impact with his upper lip... Not sure how he escaped this one as unscathed as he did, but boy was it a close one. I have never seen a lip so big in my life... he came out with a slightly sprained wrist, some banged up knees and golf ball lip... but that was it... NO BLOOD...few... Definitely an anniversary to remember...
Part of our journey took us to Temple square. We took our kiddos for the first time and it was the most magical night. We only had about an hour and a half to show them stuff, but there was the most amazing feeling that night. There was a giant storm brewing in the sky, and here I had my little family gathered in the most sacred of all places safe and sound, and learning about what it means to feel the spirit. It was a night I will always remember.
Last, but not least Jake and I celebrated our 8th Anniversay!! Long story short, he convinced me we should go boating (it was the warmest day thus far in Boise, and the first real day we could have gone..) So naturally I agreed... It was the greatest day, perfect weather, perfect water... It got to be quite late, and there was a huge storm that was appearing in the sky so we hurried and got the boat to the dock. Well, the boat was coming in a little fast, combined with waves pushing it in even further, so Jake decided he would sacrifice himself and jump out and save the boat from hitting the dock... The dock was a little further away than planned and that combined with a little inertia.. and Jake smack right into the dock, taking most of the impact with his upper lip... Not sure how he escaped this one as unscathed as he did, but boy was it a close one. I have never seen a lip so big in my life... he came out with a slightly sprained wrist, some banged up knees and golf ball lip... but that was it... NO BLOOD...few... Definitely an anniversary to remember...
Happy Anniversary babes..... here's to kissin ya 8 million more years.... =)





7 comments:
Sounds like a great anniversary. 8 huh. Wow! Riding lessons look so fun. I think my kids would just cry.
It is bad that I am laughing right now? Poor Jake! You took some beautiful photos! Love the pictures of the fields and the temple! Come and visit next time you're in Utah. We are in a different house....
So sad! . . . the photos of Jake's lip. Everything else is WONDERFUL! Great post, Kate. Love and miss you guys tons. Mom just printed a couple of really cool photos of you guys; I'm excited for you to see them.
HUGS!
--Pops
Hi!!! Sorry about your computer! I'm so scared that will happen to ours and I'll be devastated!! Happy belated first birthday to sweet Julia! So crazy to think it's been a year!!! Oh and Happy belated anniversary too!! Looks like things are going great...besides Jake's lip! Ahhhhh! ;) Keep those posts coming, we love seeing what you're up to!
p.s. we made your coconut mango rice on Sunday and it was soooo amazing! :)
Yikes! Jake, your lip looks painfully voluptuous...although it does seem to bring out the blue in your eyes so you may want to keep that look.
Regarding hard drive crash...that's the worst! Brooke and I started using Carbonite.com and love it. It backs up your pictures and files and everything and you don't have to ever do anything. We used to think we would save everything on CDs and then send to our relatives all over the world, but of course that never happened. Carbonite has been easy and amazingly reasonable in terms of price.
We miss you guys.
Josh
My Kato,
I loved your post... I may happen to be ONE of the luckiest people in the world who can witness your life up close and a little bit more personal than most. But witnessing it is only half the fun... reading about it later just recalls so many memories and emotions. Thanks for the amazing recap, and for inspiring me to 'reconvert' to the long neglected blog.
Love you guys!
Wisa
Post a Comment