Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ohh the Marathon....

Ohh the marathon! It has finally come and gone, and boy was it amazing! You can see from the picture of Jake's dad and I that we are fresh and ready to go. That picture was taken Pre-Marathon, right before we were to load the bus. We were smiling cause we didn't know what lurked ahead for us. As you can see from the picture of me racing that it was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. (next to birthing a child) What a life changing experience it was for Ken and I. It is something that I will never forget. I didn't get to finish in the time I wanted to, my knees literally blew out at mile 3, so at that point, I just prayed that I would finish the race. Guess what, I DID, I have never been so exhausted, and so happy at one time. I think the happiest thing for me was seeing my family at the finish line. I saw them about halfway down the turnpike, and even though my emotions had gone into overdrive, I was able to sprint to the end and land in Jake's arms. It was the greatest feeling in the world. I recommend it to all!! In fact those that are wanting to join, we are already gearing up for St. George 2008, and Jake is going to be running to!! That is going to be so awesome because it is something he said I could NEVER convince him to do... Well guess what... He caught the fever!! Hahahaha....


6 comments:

Hannah said...

Congrats!! People who run marathons amaze me...

Samye said...

Congrats!! Maybe you can convince me to catch the fever??

Bree said...

Kate you are awesome! All your hard work has paid off! (And how do you look so cute after running ALL day?) James is inspired to run...I think it would be awesome too. We will definitely talk to Coach Perkes if we decide to do it!! :)

Anonymous said...

I woud like to take you up on your recommendation...

"I was able to sprint to the end and land in Jake's arms. It was the greatest feeling in the world. I recommend it to all!!"

Can Jake come to Indiana tomorrow morning for my 3-mile run and catch me at the end of it?

--D

Anonymous said...

Okay Kate... so you gotta update your blog... I wanna see pumpkin sna dkids and tricks or treats... its Halloween for goodness sake!!! Just kidding love ya.. But seriously update the blog.

Keysha said...

GOOD JOB! I am so proud of you...it is such a great accomplishment. Chad and I are planning on running a 1/2 in May...(we will see if he actually goes through with it!)