Last weekend we had the chance to go to Logan, UT and visit both sets of Jake's grandparents. It was a much needed break from the world so to speak. We sort of just forgot how busy and crazy our lives have been and just focused on the "simple" things of life...like our family, and how great it is to see life through our children's eyes. Jake's Ballard grandparents live on a farm and it was a blast to have the kids running around carefree and thinking that they were in paradise. I think we as adults forget how great it was to be young without a care in the world, it was so fun to just catch a glimpse of that again this past weekend.
My grandpa always has been a rancher, and he always wears a smile
and a white shirt. I think Jake would be a farmer if he could. He was loving it just as much as the kids.
the four wheeler most of the time and Nate was just loving the cows.
9 comments:
Cute pictures! Your family is so cute. I can't wait to see your newest addition - "cute" runs in it's genes!
Farms are for kids! This we know well. Fun memories for them!
Kate: These pictures are beyond beautiful! Your gift for photography has developed so rapidly. I am just blown away at what your eye sees. These pictures are PRICELESS! They capture something so pure and wonderful. The pictures of Natey are so precious: he has somehow become a little boy, overnight! The picture of Gracie blowing the dandelion . . . oh, my! And the picture of Jake and Grandpa Ballard will always be one of my favorite pictures of all time! You have captured two great men . . . men who know and understand each other! WOW! I am so tempted to wake Mom [it is 2:12 AM . . . I woke up for a drink and wandered to see my kids on the computer]. Sorry for the long comment . . . I need to call you!
Love,
--Dad
P.S. Kate: I DID wake up Mom! And by the time we looked at your beautiful work again, the song "I will not be forgotten" was playing . . . which is THE song to view this beautiful chapter of your lives. Anyway, Mom LOVED your photography too!
P.P.S. I forgot to mention how much I loved the picture of Ben: CLASSIC! But the picture of Jake and Grandpa is still my favorite!
A Farm would be such a magical place. That sounds very nice about now. I was ready another comment, and its true, you really do have a talent for pictures. Much better than when we were in High School Photography. I don't know how you find time to take great shots. I just yell, "PLease look at me, okay come back, don't make that face." you know the usual stuff.
Katie,
It was so good to here from you. I can’t believe you have 3 kids and one on the way. Your family is so cute. I can’t wait until our family is at that stage of life. Hope all is going well for you!
Oh Kate! These pictures are amazing. I need to be under your (and Mom's) tutelage. I will never forget my kids last visit to see Grandma and Grandpa. When we pulled up Troy was out in the yard and Matthew hopped out of the car and as he ran over to him yelled, "A FARMER!" These city kids (including Josh and I) need to spend a little more time on the farm.
Kate--everyone has said this but your pictures really are just beautiful!! Looks like you guys had a blast! Love the pic of Jake "supervising" the cattle. Haha. Just teasing. I hope you don't mind that I went to the pumpkin patch with the fam and Cort--I hope you got my txt about it, even though it was short notice. Anyways, let's get together again soon--and I hope you'll let me bring something so you don't have to do all the work! :)
You are a fabulous photographer. I need to know what kind of camera you have.....(Christmas!) I just downloaded photoshop and want to get more 'creative' with my pics....
Looks like you guys had so much fun in Logan. I think Jake would make a great rancher....get you some horses!
Post a Comment