The bracelet on Julia's wrist was made by my mother in-law Jen. Funny story, I actually forgot it at home, and had to run home and get it because it was SO important to me the Julia was blessed wearing it. I would have missed the blessing if it wasn't for all the announcements that Sunday! Talk about cutting it close. Though Jen couldn't be there physically, it meant so much that Julia had something to represent her. And her name, Julia Isabelle. My mothers name is Julie and come to find out, Julia is the name of an ancestor whom I am just starting to learn about and means a great deal me. Isabelle is my great Grandmother Hess's middle name. When I heard Jake give her her name, I can't explain the feelings of reverence and gratitude I had for all of these women in Julia and Gracie's lives, past and present. I am not saying that Julia's day or name is more special than any of my other kids', because of course I love them all the same. It just happened to work out this way, and it was very symbolic to me of everything Julia had with her was almost like a protection or a shield, and she had all of these amazing women with her, ready to guide her and be her example as she started her new life.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Julia's Blessing Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Just as Juls has blessed your life and brought joy to you, she is just as lucky to be born to a family that loves and adores her as much as you do. Her rich heritage of virtuous women will be apparent as she grows into a woman of such calibre... Just like her mom and grandma's.
She's beautiful Kate-O. Not just physically. I can't wait to watch her life unfold!
Loves,
Wisa
So sweet Kate. I love those precious pictures of her! We feel lucky to have shared Julia's special day with you guys and we appreciate your friendship so much. It will sure be fun to watch all our kids grow up...hopefully they can still be buds even if we don't live as close!
Kate:
What a sweet and beautiful tribute to the powerful women who are watching over little Jules. I have thought of you, Gracie, and Julia a lot in the past few days. You are the best of women!!! I adore and admire all three of you more than you will ever know.
I feel such goodness in Gracie. She is so special; sometimes I just shudder. I just know that Julia will be just like her in that way.
And Kate, your photography of our little angel is first rate! I LOVE IT!!! You have captured this beautiful day in photographs and words so beautifully that we can almost feel as if we were where we wanted to be on that glorious day!
Love,
--Dad/Pa
What beautiful pictures. She looks just like she was delivered from Heaven into the loving arms of your family. Katie, your tribute to the women in your life is so touching and inspiring. Isn't it wonderful how these strong, valiant women continue to bless us from both sides of the veil?
One of my greatest treasures in life has been when I have been blessed to witness in sacred ways seeing my children through Heavenly Father's eyes. It sounds as though you had that tender moment on Sunday. I stand in awe of you as a Mother and the way you are patterning your mothering from such a rich heritage of women.
Hugs and love to you! Mom
Well I'm guessing this little Julia may also have difficulties in life, perhaps some that by her name she will be uplifted. Beautiful baby girl.
kate, she is sooo sweet. I am sorry that me and the boys couldn't come and visit and enjoy that day with you guys. we were thinking about you and we are so happy to have another little spirit in the family, she's beautiful.
Julia is adorable. And well, so are your other kids. How cute to have them all matching. It is great to have a name with special meaning. Luckily she has such a great Mom to help her learn to live up to her name.
She is such an adorable baby. Those pictures are so precious. That's neat to feel so special during the blessing.
Post a Comment