Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of School

So I have been dreading this moment since the day Gracie was born. I knew that the day would come that I would be sending her off into the world, and she would no longer be under my 24/7 protective hand. In contrast Gracie, has been anticipating this day for SO long. She is more than ready for Kindergarten. It has been so much fun watching her grow up this summer, she has blossomed so much. Her teacher said Gracie was her tallest student, and would be one of her oldest as well. When we went in for registration everyone thought that Ben was the Kindergartner and Gracie was the first grader. (Ben loved that). All in all I did make it through the day, I actually did not cry, only because Jake wanted to take Gracie to school, and we agreed that would probably be in mine and Gracie's both interest. (I didn't want to embarrass her by any means.) I know if I dropped her off at school I would have not been okay. =) Then I am wondering if I missed out on a certain "Mom" right of passage? Ohh well I am sure it will be the same for the other 3 or 4 or 5.... (ahh.. the thoughts of having to do this again and again. I don't see it getting any easier). Anyways Gracie has had the "best" week of school so far. According to her, she has the best teacher in the world and she apparently is "the Bomb!" (its starting already) Gracie also aced her first homework assignment which was writing her name 4 times perfectly, and received her very first "Great job" sticker, and a prize from the prize box for knowing her birthday. She is loving Kindergarten and could not be happier. I am so excited for her this year, I know there are going to be many more posts about all the things she accomplishing.





6 comments:

My Mission Statement said...

i love it kate, oh i know how you feel, i get to experience it tomorrow. i've already started crying(secretly so spencer doesn't see me). Gracie looks so grown up, she is so adorable. I absolutly love the outfit. tell her to keep up the good work. we love you guys and miss you tons.
karen

Bree said...

Ohhhh she looks SO cute and grown up!! I'm glad she loves it already! I will totally cry on Avri's first day of school--way to be strong and let Jake take her! Did he cry?? hahaha! ;) Can't wait for more posts and pics of your cute kiddies!

Kami P. said...

Bree, thats funny. The thought of Jake crying as Gracie walks off to her first day of school really Is funny. Bahaha. (sorry jake, not meant to offend).
Gracie is so beautiful. What a precious little girl.
So I'm debating whether to start Liv next year (her birthday is sept. 3 so she'd just barely be turning 5 when kindergarten starts) Or should I wait like you did and wait until she's almost 6? Are you glad you waited Kate?

Mindy said...

My little Lexy saw Gracie and says, "awh, look at that. Girl so cute!" She was right. Gracie looks so cute and way grown up. She does look like a first grader. Jaden is the tallest too. Crazy to think our kids are really that old. I did take Jaden to school, and I choked back tears as I walked away. I have been dying to send him to school, so I was suprised by my reaction.

Anonymous said...

I am crying looking at these pictures of Gracie. I hate that first day of school. I almost think it would be worse watching her walk away with Jake--you are so brave! Love you guys.

Mandy Jarvis said...

She cannot possibly be that old! Put a brick on that child's head! Its not supposed to happen this fast! I still have a year with Corbyn...