My Husband....
What is his name? Jacob Robert Perkes
How long have you been together? We have been married for 5 1/2 wonderful years.
How long did you date? 6 months dated, 4 months engaged.
Where did you meet? We met coming home from an outside school dance at BYU I. Jake ended up living literally across the street. Our bedroom windows could see each other.
How old is he? 27
Who eats more? Depends on what it is.... we make crepes every Sunday, and for some reason I put down more than him by far... Normally he can eat more than me, but I am not afraid to admit I have always had a big appetite. =)
Who said I love you first? Jake
Who is taller? Jake. That was sort of one of my two criteria for who I was going to marry. He had to be able to beat me in Basketball (most of the time), and he had to be taller than me. Lucky for me I got both! =)
Who sings better? I think maybe me, but Jake voice gets better all the time. Especially since Keith Urban entered our relationship... we are both sort of addicted to his music and Jake does a good impersonation.
Who is smarter? Jake is one of the smartest people I know. Seriously, he is so stinkin smart in so many things. He has me on street smarts by a long shot. I have him on the books only because I care... if he cared I am afraid he would have me beat there too.. (Don't tell him that though, I like having one thing I am better at)
Who does the laundry? I wash, we fold together. We usually wait until we have Mt. Ranier to wash and fold, so we make a party out of folding once a week. You think that I would change that, but I kind of like our folding parties...
Who does the dishes? I do, sometimes Jake suprizes me, but mostly me.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Jake
Who pays the bills? Me, thank goodness for Billpay.
Who mows the lawn? Jake, I think he enjoys it.
Who cooks dinner? I do.. unless we BBQ.
Who drives when you are together? Always Jake, I like it that way and so does Jake. Plus he makes me nervous when I drive with him in the car.
Who is more stubborn? Depends on who you ask... it is a funny argument that we have. Gracie had to have gotten it from one of us!
Who kissed who first? I am not a forward girl, but Jake was not getting the fact that we had been dating for 2 months and by then your supposed to kiss a girl that you are dating seriously! I had to give him a little reminder, unfortunately I was a little nervous and I missed, I kissed the corner of his mouth. He still teases me to this day!
Who asked who out? He did. I have never been so excited in my life.
Who proposed? Thankfully him.. I didn't have to do everything in the relationship! He proposed to me in the coolest place. He grew up in Teton Idaho for 10 years, and was able to get into the house that his parents owned, and made me dinner there and showed me around , and purposed there. Feb. 10th 2002.
Who is more sensitive? I am, but Jake fortunately can be very sensitive. He is a guy, guy in so many ways, but he has a major sensitive side. We are both big chickens when it comes to Roller coasters, and scary or violent movies, we don't like the sight of blood or needles (unfortunetly I am the one that has to get the kids shots or take care of them when they crash and bleed) Jake almost passes out at the sight of blood. Ask him about when I gave birth to Gracie!
Who has more friends? I think we are even. I keep in touch with old friends more than he does, but he his work buddies.
Who has more siblings? Jake has 4 brothers, I have 3.
Who wears the pants in the family? Hahha... this is a funny question, because we always talk about this. It depends on the issue. For the most part we are pretty equal.
I tag:
Kami, and Mandy and anyone else that hasn't done it. =)
3 comments:
What a guy...I love reading these things....Because usually the blog is written from the wife's point of view...this way we get to find out a bit more about the guys! I really need that caramel popcorn recipe we used to make...( i shouldn't get it, because then I will want it....but it was SO DELICIOUS!)
It is really fun reading about each others hubby's. We married the greatest guys in the world, eh? I had a good laugh reading about your first kiss. I'll get to tagging Frank soon.
Kami
Thanks a lot Kate!
Post a Comment