Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Ben!! Feb. 11, 2008




Ben turned three! Hurray! As you can see out of all the cakes in the world, he chose Lighting Mcqueen. (Thanks for the idea Mandy!) I have such respect for people that do this sort of thing year after year. This was my first character cake, boy was it a chore!! WoW, it took forever, and it didn't help when I popped the cake out and all the impressions were stuck at the bottom of the pan. Nice... so this was all done free hand, sadly. I later read the instructions to spray AND flour the pan...opps. (Future reference!) It was fun to learn though, and Ben had a blast. I have included a picture of his favorite present, thats right, the suitcase! He is such a funny kid, he wanted one so bad and seriously asked for it for a month. He was so delighted when he got it. He loves to put his treasures in it, and pretend to go to grandmas house. That was a easy birthday to buy for this year!! Happy birthday buddy!

2 comments:

Samye said...

Cake looks good!! It is AMAZING how long those things can take!!

Bree said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ben! He is such a cute kid! I love that he wanted a suitcase! Way to go on the cake!! I did one for Avri's bday today...uhhh...I called in my mom for reinforcements and still didn't want to put a pic of it on the blog! Good luck with the move--yay! The house looks beautiful. We love the wood you chose. Let us know if we can help!!!!!!! Really!