As you can see we have a little bit of snow here in Frostburg, Idaho! Wow, it has been a crazy February we finally had a sunny day today. These pictures are taken on a back-road in some potato fields that we live by, and drive through to get to our new house. We have been wanting to catch these drifts...(is there a pun there?).. before they melted down. These are the biggest drifts I have ever seen in my life, and they line this road for about 2 miles, it feels like you are driving down a snow tunnel. I will post a picture of our neighborhood tomorrow, cause everyone is covered in snow. I was telling my mom, if we were to throw Ben off our Porch, into our front yard we would lose him. The snow would be well over his head! We don't have anything blocking our yard, and we live right next to a huge field, so that doesn't help. Our poor UPS guy and mail lady just love us! Our steps are about waist deep under the snow and we can't control it cause of the wind. Fun times... needless to say we are so ready for spring around here! Anyone Else??
Sunday, February 10, 2008
The Snow is Over Taking Us!
As you can see we have a little bit of snow here in Frostburg, Idaho! Wow, it has been a crazy February we finally had a sunny day today. These pictures are taken on a back-road in some potato fields that we live by, and drive through to get to our new house. We have been wanting to catch these drifts...(is there a pun there?).. before they melted down. These are the biggest drifts I have ever seen in my life, and they line this road for about 2 miles, it feels like you are driving down a snow tunnel. I will post a picture of our neighborhood tomorrow, cause everyone is covered in snow. I was telling my mom, if we were to throw Ben off our Porch, into our front yard we would lose him. The snow would be well over his head! We don't have anything blocking our yard, and we live right next to a huge field, so that doesn't help. Our poor UPS guy and mail lady just love us! Our steps are about waist deep under the snow and we can't control it cause of the wind. Fun times... needless to say we are so ready for spring around here! Anyone Else??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh, my! How well Mom and I remember those days when you would have to pull up to an intersection and stop, because you couldn't see over the snow drifts. Or the time they had to dynamite the drifts that cut the road to Teton off from the rest of the snowy world! Somehow, though, you make it look FUN! I promise, it will melt! --Dad
I just decided that I never want to return to Rexburg...ever.
Dustin
Holy cow! Those are amazing. Sometimes I miss Rexburg...and then I remember how cold it is. :)
k so we wanna get out of rexburg so bad, we're thinkingg of vacating to the Bahamas...where did you guys honeymoon? I forgot?
No kidding! Sooooo sick of the snow! We are ready for summer!!!!!
Our snow is staying up in the mountains but up there they are getting record amounts... 1-2 ft each day. But i'm ready for spring my kids can't seem to stay healthy... Jilli's bday is Wednesday we're wondering if we're going to have healthy kids to celebrate with!
Wow! It makes me grateful for our green grass and beautiful weather with spring bulbs on their way up...oops! that's so mean of mean to rub it in like that!
i've visited ashton, idaho & idaho falls every year since i was a kid, but never in the winter! that is crazy! i love the snow... but that may be a bit much.
Oh brrrrrr....I thought we had it bad, but you've got us beat! (By a long ways). I can't believe how deep that snow is. (You're a tall gal, so that snow is REALLY deep!) Are you guys all moved in? We are coming up to Kami's baby blessing...we'll give you a call and maybe drop by and see your massive (and gorgeous) new home!!!
Yikes! I am so not homesick for snow!!! gotta love the great northwest....the mountain is out today and the sky is blue!
thought you and Jake would be interested to know that the US open is going to be played at the Chambers Bay course in 2015...that is the course where you and Jake ran when you were here last summer. Suse PS your kids are sooo cute!!!
Post a Comment