She's here! Julia Isabelle Perkes was born May 15, 2009. She weighed 7lbs 6 ounces, and 21 inches long. I was supposed to go in to be induced at 7:00am but they had a big rush of women coming in that morning, and so they couldn't take me until 10:45am. They gave me pitocin at around 11:30 and then broke my water at 12:05pm and my epidural at 1:00pm. My labor was really steady, my contractions were a steady 3 minutes apart for hours with not a ton of intensity. Then all of the sudden I was at a 9 1/2 and the doctor came in and told me that there was a women next door who had a slight emergency and we were at the exact same stage, however her taking some priority over me. At that point, I was like, "Lets just do this," I really wanted him to deliver me! So six quick pushes later Julia was born! It was great... the epidural worked amazing, the best I have ever had, and my team of Doctors and nurses was outstanding. I just felt so blessed and so grateful that everything went as well as it did. Julia was so cute, before she was even all the way out she was screaming, she had us really nervous cause everytime someone would talk she would cry! We thought she was going to be a little bit sensitive, when in reality she has been the quietest best baby. She just had to get it all out right then and there, I guess! I have had some scary deliveries and it was so wonderful to have such a good experience. Here are a few Pictures of that morning, we will try and get more up later. 

Nate was toatally wigged out, and Big Ben held her for 20 seconds and then said.."Grandma, I'm done."
Gracie is in heaven, having another girl.
Our amazing nurse Brooke! She was the best nurse I've ever had, she stayed an extra shift so she could see me through everthing. I was so grateful!






Lots of dark curly hair, more then any kiddo yet.

Purple fingers!


22 comments:
SHE'S ADORABLE!!!!
And you have never looked more beautiful, Kate!
WE LOVE YOU!!!!
--Dad & Mom
I'm so glad you posted, so we wouldn't have to bug you to get pics! She's SO cute Kate! What a perfect birth and you look GREAT! Wow...did you just have a baby? I'm so glad I was a small part of that day in helping with the kids! They were so much fun! Congrats again you guys!
Wow, she looks great and so much hair. She looks very old in her first picture. You look great too. 4 kids is amazing. You are such a great Mom, you'll have no problems. I can't wait for even more pictures.
Congrats Kate and Jake!! Julia is adorable, cute name too!! Good luck with everything, it is great to hear that you had a good delivery! You never really know how it will all go. It will be fun to meet her!
Katie, she is so beautiful. We only wish we could all be there for such a special time in your life. We are so happy to have such a wonderful little spirit in the family. We love you all so much, and give her big hugs and kisses from her aunt (the best aunt ever) Karen, uncle (the best uncle ever) Christiaan, and cousins (the best cousins ever) Spencer and Henry. Love you guys.
p.s. you look so great katie, glad everything went well.
Congratulations!! Kate you look amazing and we are so happy for you all!!
Kate!She is beautiful adn I am glad everything went well for you! You too looke beautiful and I am so excited for your new addition!XOXO
Oh my goodness! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I love her name, I love her little lips, I love how teeny weeny she is! Kate, you look fantastic. Jake, you make such a great father. Together the two of you have a beautiful little family. I am so glad to hear everything went well; and I can just imagine you and Jake in there laughing and making best friends with the staff (that's just the type of people you are!) Keep up the pictures!!!
welcome to the world little miss Julia...what a great way to come into the world...screaming! Don't you ever stop fighting for the best things in the world! Congrats mom and dad, i'm happy to hear it went so well for you.
Jake and Kate- She is beautiful! A mini Gracie =) How fun! We are so happy for you- best of luck momma!
Love,
Misty
Oh I'm SOOO glad you posted pictures!! She is beautiful and I'm so glad everything went so well!! You look amazing Kate!! Can I please look that pretty after I give birth?? We can't wait to meet her!!
She is so beautiful! Congrats you guys! and i love her name!
She is so adorable!! I am glad that everything went great and am excited to see lots more pics!!
Congratulations Perkes family! She is beautiful and we are excited for you! We love baby girls! Love, Dolan, Linda, & family!
Kate! I found you blog off of Kara's, hope you don't mind. I was excited to see it, and excited to catch up on your little family! Julia is adorable and you look great! Hope all is well with you, Jake and the kids! Congratulations!
awww yay! What a little doll! Congrats you guys she is an angel! And yes Kate I agree with everyone else you do not look like you just had a baby! I hope I look as good as you after having our baby! Keep up with the pics so we can try not to miss you all so much :) Love you all tons and tons
So glad to hear everything went so well. And I've got to STOP looking at these pictures cause it's making me want to go for #4. No, Kami, no. I enlarged that first picture of her and I just wanted to kiss the computer screen. Those fuzzy cheeks are to die for.
We're coming to Idaho in July and I hope I can make it to Boise and see you guys. Love ya.
She's beautiful Katie! You look great as well. Congrats!
What a doll!!!!!! You look amazing, no fair girl! She really is so beautiful!
Congrats!! She is so cute! I am glad things went well for you! You look awesome also!!
YAY! I'm glad she made it here! And I LOVE her name, very pretty! I know you know this, cause of the last 20 comments, but I can't ingore it either...YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!! What a beautiful mom. Congrats!
She is so beautiful and you look too beautiful for just have given birth. I guess she just takes after her Mommy. You'll love having 4. It's so much fun! Enjoy her!
Post a Comment