Saturday, December 6, 2008

November Anyone??

We have been sort of MIA for the month of November.  I haven't blogged for an entire month.  Here are some of the things we did that kept us pretty busy.


My "little" brother Jonathan was called on a mission to San Jose, California! We took him to the MTC (missionary training center) in Provo, UT on November 15th.  It was so fun for my kids to witness that whole ordeal.  We don't see a lot of missionaries here in Rexburg, their little eyes were really opened wide.  Now when you ask Ben what he wants to be when he grows up, he says he wants to be a "diver" (thanks to the olympics) and a missionary.  We are so excited for uncle Jonathan to share with us all his adventures in California.  

The Family Cruise

These pictures don't even do this next event justice.  For my own sake there will be many more posted as soon as we can finagle them from Jakes mom Jen.  (hehe) She shot our entire cruise, and there are some amazing pictures I can't wait to share.  We were a little to busy playing, we didn't take very many pictures.  We had an absolute blast!  We left the kids at my parents house in Boston, then headed to Puerto Rico and the Southern Caribbean islands for the next week and a half!  I had never been on a cruise before, and it was the best experience. The best part was the time we spent with Jakes family, and getting to know each other better.  Looking forward to the next family adventure for sure!


     Me with my sister (in law) Brooke and Jakes brother Josh
An over look from St. Thomas
Coki Beach, St. Thomas.  Some of the best water we saw. However if only you could see what was going on, on the beach.  In my opinion this was the scariest local beach we went to.  Jakes family used to live in St. Thomas and this was their favorite snorkeling spot.  I guess I wasn't quite immune to the locals.  Lets just say, when they come up to you and ask you if your "ok" you simply reply "I'm fine" and walk away quickly.   =) (code for do you want to buy some drugs) And to think those Perkes boys used to night snorkel! I think probably one of the only times you would be safer in the water.  
Our fun cruise ship in St. Thomas
This huge waterfall was in the Puerto Rico Rainforest.  We were crazy enough to go swimming and even crazier to explore what was behind the waterfall. Jake and I came here about 2 years ago and swam here, but we weren't there during the rainy season.  This time it was the rainy season, and the waterfall was a little colder and a little more powerful.  Definietly one of the highlights of the trip, and one thing I will be posting more of later. 

Thanksgiving in Boston
We had such a great time in Boston, spending Thanksgiving with my family and also spending time again with Jakes parents.  We raked some leaves, went exploring, and just were so grateful to have this time to share with the people we love the most.  





9 comments:

Ken and Jen Perkes said...

And we REALLY miss you!!! But great to see the pictures and feel the joy from so many good memories. We love you!

--Pappa Perkes

janine said...

I'm so jealous! What a fun time.

Sonnet and Cameron said...

I can't believe your little bro is on a mission now. Time sure flies!

Malinda & Cam said...

I can't believe that Jonathan is all grown up!!! I am starting to feel old now :)

Mindy said...

Wow, Jonathan looks just like Christian, We couldn't believe it. Looks like you have been having a ton of fun. You must be feeling pretty good.

Jennifer said...

What a busy months! I don't blame you for not blogging. Looks like you have been having enough fun to last a whole year! I can't wait to see more pictures of the cruise.

Noelani Ragudos said...

Oh my goodness! Jonathan is a MAN! I have to agree with Mindy he does look like Christian. I'm feeling super old now! I can only imagine what Lil' Chris looks like?

Bree said...

That last picture is SO dang cute!! You guys have sure been busy and all over! The cruise looks amazing! ohhhh, I could use a vacation! :) Glad you're back, hope we can get together soon!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures of your beautiful kids are amazing (as always)! I was so happy as I pointed to each one Emma could name them...even Meat. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love to you all.